: : to fill the void of .domino. I have started looking for another magazine subscription. there are a few good Swedish ones and other European ones I'm interested in. I thought I'd share them with you.
.Elle interiör. is one of my favorite Swedish magazines. Here are 3 things that I like about this magazine:
1. Inspiration for creative decoration ideas 2. The latest in interior design news, Sweden and the world 3. Fabulous blogs a part of their website and as an added bonus, I find their inspiration to often be very colorful!
Yesterday,after a couple of spring days it started to snow
Until our walkway had a couple of feet of the white fluffy stuff
Actually it wasn't that fluffy it was kind of heavy
our little cottage is banked with snow-there are daffodils up a couple of inches under all that snow!
The urns are weighed down with it.
The picket fence is almost covered in spots.
Th mock orange tree is bent over
Are you surprised at all that snow and it is almost April?
Do you see our terrace that I showed yesterday set for breakfast-um ,not for awhile!
The Korean Lilac standard looks pretty in snow.
I'm trying to think positive - so doesn't it look fresh and clean?
The old apple tree-so pretty!
Okay, enough already! I would complain but when I listen to the news with all the resession talk etc. I know I have much to be thankful for so isn't the snow beautiful? Warmer sunnier weather is in our forecast I promise.
If you are sick of my snow pictures I will leave you with a couple of collages.
I hope I have convinced you that snow in spring is indeed beautiful!
We finally had some beautiful sunny warmer(9 degrees Celsius) that had some serious melting going on so we enjoyed several nice long walks. the pussywillows are out -an early sign of spring!
Finally, our daffodils came out from under the snow already growing.
The mourning doves are often on this bare patch of lawn,pecking in the ground.Thankfully the bare patches are getting bigger!
This mourning dove was sunning himself all afternoon on this cement garden bench that a week ago was still buried in snow
The boardwalk in Charlottetown had lots of people out for a stroll along the harbour.
Lots of snow melting in ditches etc.
The birds are laying their eggs- just kidding.It is a real nest but candy eggs.
So soon we will be able to have breakfast here again.
And our garden tours will be starting up again-we already have tours from Japan booked starting in June.
Soon it will be picnic time again!
And we will soon be living out here when we are not in the garden.
I am so glad that we have this promise of spring!
Have a great day!
: : I skyped with sister for 2 hrs this weekend (we hadn't talked to each other for months)
and she told me that H&M's new home series is now available in Sweden. bad news is, I don't think it'll be available in the US for a while. good news is, I can shop a lot when I go home this summer. maybe travel home with an empty suitcase?
photos via .nitro:licious.
check out .H&M's website. for more pics.
I made a few pink collages that I made from photos from flowers in our garden to share with you today. you can click on to enlarge if you like.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
You might think I am still at the toile party(it was a great party) but I thought some red and white toiles would set of the apron nicely so I took a few pictures for you.
Hope you enjoy!
- ► 2013 (340)
- ► 2012 (394)
- ► 2011 (362)
- ► 2010 (349)
- Elle interiör
- Did I Say Spring???
- Finally some Signs of Spring!
- H&M home in stores in Sweden
- Shades of Pink!
- tropicalia colors
- playful dishware
- spring is here!
- My Redwork Embroidery Apron!
- Have a good day!
- Style File: Modern Cottage
- The Toile Party!
- This is a bedroom I did our last summer with toile...
- This and That!
- This is a corner of my daughter's pretty sunroom.T...
- Angelique tulips- one of my favorites.This is our ...
- life without domino
- colors and patterns
- Some Indoor Gardening
- An Inspirational Bag!
- It's Blue Monday!
- These both came from Coulson's Antique's in Summer...
- My Humble Little Pantry!
- My homemade jamBaking suppliesI love cookbooks!Mor...
- A Gift from Japan,an Award and some Garden Visitor...
- This is a photo of me wearing the cosy warm sweate...
- A Project Done!
- These are the chairs after the make over. This is ...
- Pink Lemonade!
- Lemonade in our sunroomSome of my geraniums from l...
- The Last of Winter?
- This is the lighthouse in Fort Amherst over lookin...
- Using Bold Colors
- A Magical Day !
- I hope you enjoyed your walk with me and that I di...
- Soup Tureen Collection
- A thrifty find at less then $10.I got this one at ...
- more snow...
- Spring Bouquets and a Friendship Award!
- ▼ Maret (44)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (256)